|Type of Government:
|Nov 22, 2023
|Dec 5, 2023
|To access bid details, please log in.
APEX Accelerators are an official government contracting resource for small businesses. Find your local APEX Accelerator (opens in new window) for free government expertise related to contract opportunities.
APEX Accelerators are funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Department of Defense.
The APEX Accelerators program was formerly known as the Procurement Technical Assistance Program (opens in new window) (PTAP).
In accordance with FAA Acquisition Management System (AMS) Section 220.127.116.11.1, the FAA is conducting a Market Survey to assist in determining the competition/participation level from vendors with the resources and technical expertise necessary to support the potential requirement as described in Attachment A - Draft Statement of Work (SOW).
The FAA is seeking sources to accomplish a system of in-pavement sensors that will detect and monitor internal structural damage in concrete airport test pavements based on the principle of coda wave interferometry (CWI). This system will be custom-designed for the National Airport Pavement Test Facility (NAPTF) and installed in a new concrete pavement test area designated Construction Cycle 10 (CC10).
2. Incumbent Contractor
There is no incumbent contractor for this procurement.
3. Request for Information
A SIR/Request for Proposal may be made under a separate announcement in the future. The FAA is not seeking or accepting unsolicited proposals. The FAA will not pay for any information received or costs incurred in preparing vendor responses to this market survey. Therefore, any cost associated with a market survey submission is solely at the interested vendor’s expense.
The acquisition strategy for the procurement has not been determined at this time; however, either an unrestricted competition, a set-aside, or other acquisition strategy will be chosen depending on the responses to this market survey. The purpose of this market survey is to solicit statements of interest and capabilities from large businesses, small businesses, service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses, women owned small business, HubZone small business, and 8(a) certified firms, capable of providing the services outlined in this document, in the timeframe stated in this document. The responses to this RFI will help determine the acquisition strategy and whether adequate competition exists to set-aside the competition.
4. Submittal Requirements for Market Survey
All interested companies are encouraged to respond to this Market Survey with a statement of interest by submitting a brief Capability Statement of no more than five (5) pages. Interested companies must provide the following information:
• Capability statement showing capability to perform the requirements in the attached Draft SOW. Provide examples of current or previous (within the last 5 years) contracts, agreements, or commercial project demonstrating the technical expertise to conduct a CWI System similar to the scope in the attached draft SOW.
• What knowledge and experience the interested company has regarding long-term structural health monitoring of concrete structures using the ultrasonic technologies. Cite specific examples of interested company’s experience and participation in monitoring of civil engineering structures such as pavements, bridges, buildings, etc.
• If the interested company can provide consulting services from a subject matter expert (SME) with specific knowledge and experience of coda wave interferometry (CWI) as applied to concrete civil engineering structures. Cite specific examples of such experience, including published work if applicable.
• If the interested company has experience using National Instruments LabVIEW software to program instrumentation systems. Cite examples where the interested company has implemented such systems and what they consisted of.
Respondent’s Market Survey response should confirm evidence of the respondent’s qualifications and capabilities to meet the requirements in the attached Draft SOW.
The total page limitation for the Capability Statement is five pages – font size 12, one-inch margins, single-spaced.
Participation in any market analysis activities is not a promise of future business with the FAA.
Any confidential or proprietary information submitted in response to this announcement must be marked accordingly by the respondent. Respondent should mark all pages of the submission that contain sensitive information as "Source Selection Sensitive." Any restrictions imposed by respondent on the use or disclosure of the submission content must be clearly marked on the title pages and the individual pages, as necessary. Such information will not be disclosed outside of the acquisition team.
5. Delivery of Market Survey Submittals
Interested respondents must electronically submit all documents via email to Nicole.Saiauskie@faa.gov no later than 5:00 PM EST on December 5, 2023. Email responses to this Market Survey must include the subject line “CWI System Response to Market Survey – [insert Vendor Name]”.
Respondents are not to contact the Technical/Requiring/Program Office at any time regarding this Market Survey and requirement. Doing so could put respondent at risk to be eliminated from the competition.
Attachment A – Draft SOW
With GovernmentContracts, you can:
Follow Prime and Paint Interior Walls and Floors Active Contract Opportunity Notice ID
Bid Due: 11/30/2024
contract#description post date due date file size Contract B364A-5- Rapid Pump and Meter
Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission
Bid Due: 7/31/2025
Follow Containers, Packaging and Packing Supplies Active Contract Opportunity Notice ID N6833524Q0047-02 Related
Bid Due: 4/11/2024
Follow Aircraft Landing Equipment Active Contract Opportunity Notice ID N6833524Q0047-25 Related Notice Department/Ind.
Bid Due: 4/11/2024